Things to see and do in Sainte-Ode and nearby
La Pommeraie is the perfect place to have a relaxing stay full of adventure.
Visit the nearby regions of Bastogne (12 km), Houffalize and La Roche-en-Ardenne (25 km), Libramont (20 km) and Saint-Hubert (15 km).
Activities in Sainte-Ode mostly centre around walking, Nordic walking, bicycle rides, mountain bike rides or horse riding. You can follow various routes thanks to a map of local walks, or you can download them onto your phone (or use GPS).
Electric bikes can be hired by the hour, half-day, day or week. All information is available at www.ardenne-e-bike.be
Grab a guide!
Mention hiring a guide to accompany you on a mountain bike ride, supervise your first Nordic walking trip or take you on a nature hike when you make your reservation and we will organise it for you.
Discover the local cuisine:
- Every Thursday during July and August visit one of the surround markets: www.marcheduterroir.be;
- On the first Friday of every month February to June and September to December: the farmers’ marker at Amberloup;
Learn about Sainte-Ode’s heritage: the Roman church at Amberloup, the Mushroom study centre at Rechimont, the Fosset Bridge, the chapel of la Bonne Dame at Lavacherie and many more!
- The Bastogne region: Saint Peter’s church, the Trèves Gate, the Piconrue museum, the Mardasson hill, the Bastogne war museum, the Pays d’Ardennes’ animal park, the bison farm and Native American life museum (Recogne) and Sainte-Ode’s wind farm.
- The Houffalize and La Roche-en-Ardenne region: Houtopia, the city of children, at Houffalize. At La Roche-en-Ardenne: the sandstone and Ardennes ham museum, the milling museum, the feudal castle, the museum of the Battle of the Ardennes and many more!
- Saint-Hubert region: the Basilica, the Pierre-Joseph Redouté museum (open in Summer), the Saint-Giles au Pré church, the wildlife park, the domain of Saint-Michel’s furnace, the Celt museum (Libramont), the Saint-Hubert aerodrome and recreational flights (glider, sightseeing flights, ULM (ultralight aviation) and helicopter).
A little further away
Bouillon, Villers-devant-Orval, Vielsalm…